Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29th: Come Sit By My Fire

"If you are a dreamer, come in.

If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer . . .
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire.
For we have some flax golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"

~ Shel Silverstein

I worked on aprons again today, well I should say apron as in singular.
grrr... I spent the majority of the day fussing over a ruffle that I ripped out, re-attached, ripped out and re-attached more times than I care to admit. Finally- I got it right. I will finish it up tomorrow by making the waistband. I promise to have a picture to share tomorrow.
The fog lingered all day here, except for the 20 minutes late in the afternoon where we had a lighter shade of gray. It was cold and damp all day. This morning when I went out to the barn for feeding it was so wet from the fog it felt like a drizzling rain. Kristina came out late this afternoon and we worked together with the horses. I cleaned stalls and she exercised the horses in the arena. After being inside all day it felt good to be outside, even in the fog. I appreciated the fire all the more when I came inside from the cold.
I love having a wood burning stove. It's the only source of heat we use to heat our home. We have a wall heater that was used for the first winter we lived here, it hasn't been turned on since we installed our wood stove. We had the same model stove in our old home we lived in, before building this home. I'm not a fan of central heating, nor is my pocketbook.
I'm so thankful I no longer have to drive to work in the fog. I hated the 30 mile drive in practically zero visibility.
I hope you are warm and snug in your home.
The Girasole Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment